Designed for a low risk environment, this one-day course consists of 6 hours first aid training where the aim is to give delegates the necessary competence and confidence to deal with a range of illnesses and injuries. This course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
This first aid at work course will provide the knowledge and confidence to administer first aid. This first aid course designed for anyone looking to be a qualified emergency first aider. The course is designed to give delegates the necessary competence and confidence to deal with a range of illnesses and injuries in the workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
- The roles and responsibilities
- The priorities of first aid
- Managing an incident
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Treatment for major bleeds and shock
- Common workplace injuries
- Heart attack, asthma, seizures
- Anaphylactic shock and use of an EpiPen
This course is most suited to:
This one-day course is for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide first aid in an emergency first aid situation. This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. This course is designed for workplaces that fall into a lower risk category.
All candidates must attend the full course to pass. Each candidate is continually assessed throughout and must demonstrate competence in all the assessed skills.
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 7 hours of learning, typically over one day, with a minimum contact time of 6 hours.
The 1-day (6 hour) Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is valid for 3 years. After that time, you can requalify by completing another 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work course.
To book this course
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK with four or more delegates.
- Individuals (open courses) £70
- In-house (up to 12 candidates) – Contact us for prices
- Class Size: 12 people maximum
- Duration: 6 hours guided learning – over 1 day (excluding breaks)
- Certifications: Certificates are valid for 3 year